Hatch a Plan Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
· Hatch – Plan with Friends, mobile application software (App) available on the Apple App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/hatch-plan-with-friends/id1265020111?mt=8) (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Hatch a Plan Limited of International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, England, EC1A 2BN.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1 We will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App's social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. If you contact us, We will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, home and work address, calendar information (including events you are planning on attending), contacts, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
· Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one of our Apps we will automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, time zone setting, (Device Information);
· information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information and photos, videos or other digital content (Content Information);
· details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information).
· Location information. We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing the app settings on your device.
· Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
o to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
o to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
o to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe from the mailing list on any electronic communication received or contact us by email at email@example.com.
o to notify you about changes to our service;
o to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
o to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
o to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
o to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
o as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
o to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
o to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
· Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).”
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but We may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such anonymous aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We will use the anonymised data We have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your name, and the map locations of the addresses you entered on registration, to your personal contacts to whom you have connected via the App. When you invite contacts to a plan and they accept, or when you accept an invite from your contacts, your calendar information, location information and timings of events will be disclosed to those contacts.
Anonymised data, as stated above, may be disclosed to advertising and marketing partners in order to provide better focused advertising, curated content and trends and data analysis to our partners.
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Hatch A Plan Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
· In order to protect the rights, property or safety of Hatch A Plan Limited our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes in this agreement or for any legal or regulatory reasons. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
You have the right to access and receive a copy of information held about you, to request the erasure or correction of your information, to object to the processing of your information or to restrict such processing
Please reach out to email@example.com to process your request. We will aim to process this within 96 hours of receiving the request.
Right to Complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your information with the Information Commissioners Office (in the UK) or the applicable data protection authority in your jurisdiction.